This is the first attempt at using Visual Studio Code to initialise and create Hugo matter for the blog. One thing I notice as I write this is the Dictionary is set to en:US and not en:GB which is fine it you don’t mind swapping out the z’s everywhere. What was it Shaw said: “The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language.” Which is its self incorrect as Great Britain is actually three countries and three languages although English is the predominant one.
I recently wrote about how nice it was to see Windows Live Writer again, and while it works great in most aspects it fails on a purely cosmetic one. The site themes or at least the simple one I am using renders incorrectly in fact it makes the feature a bug not a bonus.
Today I came across and article on Blogging editors for off-line work and was reminded of one I have had since it was launched Blogo is Mac only and it was nice, it wasn’t perfect but pretty good.
I spent the afternoon sorting out this site and updating the theme customisation, I didn’t care for the default font, I prefer something easier on the eye.
Also I culled a lot of images from the old gallery on here as they are getting old and I haven’t updated in a very long time. Far too many places that I post to and I can’t keep up with the needy nature of the web so they hit the bin.
Today I managed to finally setup HTTPS on this site. It was not as straight forward as I had first thought because it was using Cloudflare and a stray Name Server that took a little tweaking to get working. After a few false starts and a little waiting for the Name Servers to catch up is finally working. Installing the certificates was much easier than I had first thought thanks to the scripts on my Host provider uberspace.
Charlie Chaplin LEGO Minifigure I haven’t posted on here in a very long time, I have been very busy on other things mostly to do with my 3d work.
Part of that included setting up some new servers and a domain for my Freelance 3d art site mbt3d.com
I have moved things around a few times in the last year and I am finally coming to a solution I like. It has become more and more demanding to have multiple web presences and so I finally decided to use Artstation as my main and only portfolio.
I have just changed hosting company and I am in the process of setting up the site in its new home. As with all moves there are bound to be a few articles that go astray in the moving process, so please bare with me while I tidy up all the loose ends.
This site is available as https but doesn’t have a valid certificate yet, so expect warnings and errors.